Saturday, May 01, 2010

Todays been great!

I starteded my day from the night before. I put a pot roast in the crockpot for the next day. I added the roast, envelope of italian dressing, pound of sliced mushrooms and envelope of beefy onion soup( which was suppose to be brown gravy mix) I didnt have any brown gravy so I used the soup mix. and I added 1 cup water. This cooked all night and I got up around 9 am to check on it and it was way to watery for me . So I went to the store and bought the brown gravy mix and it was just what the recipe called for.
I had to attend my bible study and the study was a bout mariage and it was great! Im happy to say Im on the right track in my marriage thats GOds track for sure!
I came home around 6 amd made the corn dish we all love and Terry made the mashed potatoes. Man oh Man was the dinner great. Ill writ ethe corn dish out so you all can try it if you like.
Corn Dish recipe:
1 box Jiffy mix
1 stick soft butter
1 cup sour cream
1 can cream corn
1 can sweet corn
3 tablespoons sugar
1 egg

Mix all well toether. Pour into cassarole dish and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
Thats it and we all love this dish I hope you do to!

Im in the midst of making a African Flower cushion for my couch when I get done Ill take aa pic and show you my cushion
Ok Terrys back up Ive got to go and see whats up Happy crocheting...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've heard those Jiffy mixes make good recipes..this sounds yummy...definitely will try.....how did the roast come out? I haven't had a lot of success with roasts..I think it's the quality of meat we get here....need to get a Costco roast, I guess...they seem to have the highest quality of meat.